January at the RGB (clockwise from top left): A daffodil sprouting out of the ground. Pink rose. The number of eggs we’re getting each day. Geranium. More daffodils. A daisy. Sage… strawberry… and the Cuckoo Marans (who started laying last week; her first egg was a double yolker!).
With Super Bowl around the corner, I have one suggestion for you; make these chicken wings. They’re finger lickin’ good. If you’re having people over for the big game, you could make these ahead of time, keep the sauce warm, and finish it when you’re ready. You could also make a lot at a time (especially if you’ve got a double oven). The benefit is: you get to spend the bulk of the afternoon in front of counter, rooting for your team.
Chicken wings, tossed in flour and curry and baked until golden; then tossed in a sauce with more curry, Sriracha, coconut milk, honey and fish sauce. Perfect for winter-time football; pairs especially well with beer.
- • 2 ½ lbs chicken wings, center pieces
- • ¼ cup all purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- • 8 oz. can coconut milk
- • 1 ½ tablespoon Madras curry powder
- • 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- • 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven 475°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with oil to lightly coat.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. Combine flour and 2 tablespoon Madras curry powder in a large bowl. Toss chicken wings into flour/curry mix.
- Lay out wings into a single layer on baking sheets. Bake in oven approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, rotating baking sheets half way through cooking (bake time will depend on wing thickness.)
- While wings bake, make curry sauce. Combine coconut milk, 1 ½ tablespoon Madras curry powder, honey, fish sauce, and Sriracha in a medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until it thickens to a gravy-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with curry sauce and serve immediately.
Source: Very slightly adapted from White on Rice Couple –http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/curry-chicken-wings/